Content Editor - Auto Vertical
If you’re planning to buy or sell a car in Iran, Divar is the best way to help you do it. To help achieve our goal of improving the car-search experience, and comprehensive information center about car sales, Divar is seeking a Content Strategist with extensive skills in SEO, analytics and performance-driven wordsmithing.
We are looking for someone that is skilled in analyzing the performance of editorial content across Divar’s auto verticals. The candidate we are looking for must be skilled with Google Analytics (and/or other traffic dashboards), proficient in the fine points of SEO, and eager to experiment. Crucially, they must also possess the editorial sense to pitch ideas based on their quantitative insights, and be comfortable editing headlines and copy to appeal to a targeted readership. The ideal candidate we are looking for must also be knowledgeable of Iran’s car market, the car industry, and everything that is related to cars. You will:
- Edit and optimize headlines and body-copy for maximum performance as needed.
- Follow breaking news about cars in the market of Iran — you must be knowledgeable enough (or learn fast enough) to generate ideas that capture user search.
- Develop and assist two editorial verticals to identify growth opportunities and prioritize high-impact stories and keywords, with the ultimate goal of growing traffic to Divar’s auto domain.
- While this is not a social media role, you should possess a sense for what wins engagement on major social channels, and keep social performance in mind when pitching ideas.
Report weekly on content performance across SEO and direct and communicate progress to the larger editorial team.
- You must develop and collaborate with a large team, must be comfortable with change, data-oriented and also skilled at multitasking.
- Professional experience in analyzing content performance (in Google Analytics or elsewhere) and developing insights based on that analysis.
- Familiarity with basic journalism skills, news reporting, and editorial ethics is important.
- The ideal candidate will also bring strong editing and copyediting skills, and, if necessary, will be comfortable serving as the final set of eyes on a piece before it is published.
- Experience with web applications such as Google Analytics, WordPress (or a similar CMS) and Excel/Google Docs.
- At least five to six years of experience in working on a digital editorial team, ideally in the realm of cars or economy is preferred. You must be comfortable in a fast-paced editorial environment in which accuracy and timeliness are essential.
- Competitive salary package.
- Sharp, talented co-workers in a real fun working environment.
- Company sponsored tech talks, hackathons and happy hours.
- Supplementary health insurance.
- On-site recreation facilities and activities.