Personal & Workplace Assistant
The Personal and Workplace Assistant is hired to provide a reasonable accommodation to one of our legal team leaders who is visually impaired, so to help her to perform some personal and professional daily task routines while at work.
Workplace Assistants do not provide skilled medical care; rather, she provide personal care related assistance (such as helping her team leader access the restroom or cafeteria) and/or providing work-task related assistance (e.g., filing, collating, retrieving work materials that are out of reach).
You may work consistently with the employee to provide short term support. You will work with the employee to fulfil their agreed support needs which may include:
- Articulately read legal materials and documents to the team leader at a rate conducive for her.
- Supporting her within meetings, enabling introductions, networking, note taking.
- Attending courses, seminars or similar events.
- Providing basic office/administrative support as required (copying, printing and collating, filing and organizing, faxing and scanning documents).
- Maintain confidentiality about the employee you support and about the information you are provided with.
- Checking available conference rooms to assess whether there is adequate space to reasonably and comfortably accommodate the employee when attending meetings (and rearranging the conference room if needed).
- Assembling and preparing documents and reports.
- Carrying items to and from meetings.
- Supporting the person to use workplace facilities including making drinks, preparing snacks and to access bathrooms.
We request that the Personal Assistant be mindful that their role is to support the team leader to carry out her daily work tasks and routines and she should not act as a representative on behalf of the individual to whom the support is being provided for.
- Previous experience working with a visually impaired person is preferable but not required.
- Having the experience of working in an office environment.
- Suitable IT Skills including (Word, Excel)
- Good communications skills.
- Time management skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- High attention to details.
- Having good grasp of flexibility, honesty, reliability.
- Talented colleagues and interesting work environment
- Supplementary health insurance
- Generous low-interest loans to employees
- Various on-site entertainments